Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're all mad here.


Fleur de lis in brass+copper rivets: by me


http://heartymagazine.com/news/tom-binns-for-alice-in-wonderland

I just have to say that this is incredible!!! The pieces above are just awesome!! I can only imagine how much work was involved in creating them. I just had to post it! Bravo for making fabulous items!

I'm not a HUGE Alice in Wonderland fan BUT this is really beautiful work!
I am taking an Intro into Jewelry & Metalwork class that allows me to create and learn how to use various types of metals, and different mediums with metals to create one of a kind pieces. It is a brilliant class, and I could not ask for a better way to spend my Tuesdays from 8:30-1:10. In fact, I wish it were longer. This class has really inspired me to create, lose control, and to dive head on into my work as an artist/jewelry maker. I strongly suggest anyone and everyone just to take a class on welding/soldering, metalwork, jewelry, class- even if that entails your local craft stores class they offer on the weekends. It is really an inspiring hobby.

3 comments:

  1. that necklace is insane ... you weren't kidding.

    I'm so glad you really enjoy that class. Its as if it has sparked your creative side which was hidden away for so long. I can't wait to see what will come next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that necklace is awesome and your fleur de lis is really cute. i didnt even know we had that at our school!! i'd really like to see some of the things you make.

    ReplyDelete