Monday, February 20, 2012

new projects :)





some things I'm currently working on...

the bottom quilt is a sherlocke holmes style quilt that I started a few months ago but havem't had time to finish it!! :( but I got a batting and now I am determined!! This quilt will also be for me.. finally! haha! I've been making things for everything else so I might as well enjoy.

the pink quilt is farmhouse themed in which I bought the farmhouse charm pack collection and mixed it with circa 1934 by cosmo cricket. It's for a baby shower I will be attending in March and I am almost done with it :). I plan on embroidering the baby's name and doing a little free-form quilting over little areas.

the glasses and watch drawing are from a still life I created by studying reflections of different surfaces, and the top drawing is a new project that I am working on that I will hopefully finish soon and show you guys!

My goal is to this weekend start a pretty large scale portrait, one of my grandfather in charcoal. I love observing people in their natural environments and how their personality comes out. Yesterday, as is every sunday-my family goes next door to my grandmother's house for breakfast. it has been a tradition for years, (which I love!!) and my grandfather (age 82) was talking about how he notices he has come to a point in which he can no longer do certain things anymore because he is weak an too old now. He is a very independent person, does everything on his own and is used to that lifestyle-however this realization has hit him hard and he began to tear up. His pale blues eyes had the saddest light in them which I will never ever forget. But I am just happy that he isn't going to push himself over the edge anymore like he used to. I want him to see me get married someday and I want him & my grandmother to be a huge part in my future. I know they can't be here forever but I just want them to be happy and healthy for as long as possible. This is why I want to start drawing large portraits. I want to capture a time- an overwhelming, beautiful, moment in time when things seem to stop briefly.
anyways, that is what I am upto as of late! more pictures and posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment