Tuesday, February 21, 2012

project adventure!


hey all! here is my finished 2D-3D project inspired by the old telephone technique of using cans & string. I felt that I wanted to draw a girl somewhat younger, vintage inspired dress, and black and white because I want the viewer to relate to her in someway. whether it be that you've tried this technique before as a child, or that you can have a look back into your past and recall memories. I am really happy with the outcome and really enjoy creating interactive pieces that the viewer can take part in. I am going to run with this idea and start! :)

on another note, here is a GREAT website that I know everyone will love! it's called craft gawker (website here)-> http://craftgawker.com/ basically there are a whole bunch of tutorials on how to make different things, and each tutorial redirects you to a blog! What a fantastic website right? what is better than getting a full how to!? especially for all the people that desire to make things but do not know where to start. I definitely suggest taking a closer look there!

I was looking through a whole bunch of illustrations and came across this amazing artist. Oliver Jeffers (website here) -> http://www.oliverjeffers.com/paintings/invisible-dog
His paintings are unbelievable and I LOVE his subject matter! I have never used oil paints before and to be honest never really tried painting before! so to add to my bucket list ( I know I know, I have a huge list!) I would love to start painting/learning how to paint. This artist's work really inspires me and makes me want to begin my street photography again!!

I don't have too much time to post more tonight but I will tomorrow!

:)
-kourt

No comments:

Post a Comment